Get Smarter on Social Media
Ah “social media.” The crack-cocaine of digital marketing. Mention those words and your session at a conference is overflowing. Put them in your headline and your blog post readership spikes.
Beyond the hype, however, there are lots of smart marketers testing the waters and even already reaping the benefits of intelligent social marketing. A great way to keep up with the best stuff out there is the daily e-newsletter SmartBrief on Social Media, aiming to enlighten us all on ways to use social marketing to our advantage. SmartBrief on Social Media is just one of the offerings from our friends at SmartBrief, who provide news summaries of the top happenings in various industries.
I’m delighted to be a part of the SmartBrief on Social Media Advisory Board a venerable “who’s who” of digital marketing leaders who are helping to guide the editorial mission.
To give you an idea of the breadth and power of the social media coverage, here’s a sampling of stories included in SmartBrief on Social Media in the past week:
- How can you bring your email program together with your social marketing strategy?
- Is Facebook a good place to promote your newsletter?
- Do subscribers really share with their social network?
- How can you make that easier and more powerful?
- Can Twitter Search give Google a run for the money?
- Do searches on Twitter offer marketers a valuable perspective on how consumers actually converse?
- What can you learn from this year’s best April Fool Joke’s spread via social media for your own word of mouth marketing?
- Is China the next land of the digital conversation? What does that mean for your business?
Thanks to the SmartBrief team for including me as an advisor! If anyone has ideas for topics you’d like SmartBrief to follow or suggestions of sources to keep an eye on, please post a comment below or contact me directly.